Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Girls Who Had Fun

What do you do on a Sunday morning, with  typhoon Ofel banging at your windows, making your ceiling drip with brownish water and you decide to watch TV or go check your email and f****g  sh*t, there's no cable TV, nor internet connection.  Whom do you call?  Not ghost busters, silly.  Friends, that's what friends are for.
So I sent text messages to my BFFs, Nory and Lory and zoom, we went to the base, or what's remained of it after the American soldiers left 20+ years ago.  Of course, business is thriving again.  We've recovered after you, American soldiers left us, abandoned us......okay, okay..I won't be emotional.  I was not here too, I left to work in Saudi Arabia too.  But that's beside the point.  So we still call it The Base, any complaints?


We went to Ralli's Grill and Bar, probably the most overrated place in the base.  The food was outstandingly ordinary but the prices are spectacularly high.  Congratulations Ralli's, you have good marketing people.  We are so sophisticated as regards music so we were contented with the elevator jazz music.  Just lower the volume, please...it disturbs my ear wax...excuse my French, dear gentle reader.

I like the company, Three's Company too, you know.  Yeah, yeah, I'm old.  You young reader, you may not remember that TV show, but who cares.  I said I love the company.  We're all average-looking, not flashy, not seductive, not alluring, we are just girls out to have fun!  It's a relief to be in the company of  friends you could just relax and have fun with, and not be concerned whether you look like a boxer with your sleeveless blouse, whether your fingernails are painted and pointy, and who cares about the weight.  My hubby thinks I look like a race horse, and that's good enough.

I don't like to be in the company of fully made-up young girls who think that sophistication means smoking cigarette and holding it in a vertical way, blowing smoke your way while checking out if guys find her attractive enough.  Go home, and sleep young girl.  You need your brains to grow.

I don't like middle-aged women  dressed like their teenaged daughters, leaving nothing for imagination.  I am tired looking at the cellulite on the thighs, displayed  in full glory with the very short shorts or the micro mini skirt.  And I get chilled in a negative way looking at the plunging neckline where I don't see any cleavage at all but bones sticking out.  Grow up, eat protein, grow old already. 

Those two kinds of company, I don't like to go with.  Because with that kind of mind frame and self-image, one look at me and  they smile with condescension - at my love handles, at my unbuffed  fingernails,  my rubber shoes, etc.
So we BFFs, had a round of drinks after the average food with spectacular price and decided we've  had enough and we look for a better hangout.  Who cares if there's almost zero visibility with the rain pouring hard  and strong winds blowing our umbrellas away.  Lory, a great lady, our good friend,  kept driving despite the floods.



Next destination:  Gerry's Grill.  San Mig light for Lory, screwdriver for me and pineapple shake for Nory.  The grilled squid was divine. Okay, we had two orders of those.  We would  be bursting if we eat more.

Next and last destination:  Pier 1.  Vodka Cran was ok, Halo-halo (mixed sweets with crushed ice and milk) was good for Nory and Lory.  Okay, Banana Margarita for all of us too......Cheers!

Okay ladies, time to go home.  I have to watch The Buzz (local showbiz talk show). Hopefully there's cable TV now

No comments:

Post a Comment

I thrive on comments, thanks for leaving a comment. I will visit your blog as well :)